Tuesday 22 March 2011

André Ethier


I am aware that Cherub The Great isn't a huge fan of some contemporary art, however I hope she can appreciate Ethier's use of vibrant, almost edible colour which is inherent in all of his oil paintings.

I initially found Ethier through this image above, it was used for the record art of Quest For Fire's 2010 record Lights From Paradise, which provides an exquisite journey, a review can be read here, and it was Ethier's painting that indeed captured my attention.

Childlike, noxious, grotesque, vibrant, rough-around-the-edges, excellent.

You can view a whole load of his paintings: here.

To hear a track off of 'Lights From Paradise' hit the jump.



1 comment:

  1. I tell you it is edible looking and grotesque... thats all i can say.

    ReplyDelete